Sunday 18 September 2011

How It Goes Down

Warning: Please be aware that this post is about natural bodily functions that some people my find unpleasant reading in a blog.

At my orientation before coming to Nicaragua I was warned that I may have trouble adjusting to the rice-and-beans diet here. The staple foods are mainly rice, beans, cheese and tortillas. For the first couple of weeks I had diarrhea every day and it was pretty hard to get through. Then it got better and now my stomach is happy again with droppings that are normal. I've eaten yogurt and dense bread a couple of times and I certainly noticed a change in my stool the day after. I wonder what will happen when I get back to Canada and my diet changes again...constipation? Upset and heavy stomach? I'll just have to wait and pee.

No comments: