Saturday 27 August 2011

Es un secreto

Ok. Yo voy a tratar de escribir alguno de le post en español...

Cuando yo voy a comprar timbres, yo fuie a el correo pero ellos dije que no hay. Yo fuie a un hotel pues pero no m'entiende. Pues I gave up. But then yo vi una libreria con a sign 'se vende timbres' so I went in. But then the people said that there are no stamps anywhere in Esteli because they've run out and none have shipped in from Managua (the capital city) yet. So I've been trying to send mail to people but since there are no stamps I can't really do anything.

Más cosas unicos en Nicaragua: I'm used to taking off shoes than wearing special house shoes, or slippers, in the house, but here they wear their outdoor shoes indoors...and if you take off your shoes they believe you will get sick. So there is constant sweeping and mopping of the floors indoors.

Cuando yo pregunte a los niños a la escuela que ellos comen para desayuno, ellos contestaste pan y café. Coffee?! Kids drink cups of coffee for breakfast?! But then someone explained to me that the coffee I get in Canada and other parts of the world is spiked with caffeine and here it's natural and you won't get a high and then a crash and it's 'safe' for kids. Right after I heard that I started drinking copious amounts of coffee without caring.
One more things: instead of flushing toilet paper down the toilet along with the water (and the waste), people put the papel hygenica in baskets. It's kind of gross but I guess it doesn't clog up the sewers?

I'm waiting to see what the Nicaraguans will think of it when they get to Canada and they have to take their shoes off in the house and they wipe up in the bathroom then look around and see no wastebasket for them to put the toilet paper in.

Dos cosas que yo comenzaste haciendo en Nicaragua son: ver CSI y Criminal Minds, y jugar cartes. I never used to play cards willingly before and now I can. And I knew about those detective shows but I never bothered watching them and now I do. Cool.

I will leave you with a song I like that is popular right now by Puerto Rican Plan B

No comments: