Sunday 6 March 2011

I Still Owe

San Francisco is like a resort town. The first day I came here I took a walk with my uncle's family dog (see photo post) and I saw a 'typical male San Franciscan' - a Moby look-alike . Load on the stereotypes! I'm sorry to say this but this is what I see. For the past few days I've been walking around downtown, and walking on the beaches and trails they have. Fisherman's Wharf is one heck of a tourist trap. It's so touristed up that I think they've scared all the fish away.


Also, I went to two favourite Californian places - Trader Joe's grocery store and In-N-Out fast food place. Californians seem to be fiercely proud and crazy about their In-N-Out. The place and drive-thru was packed at 2 in the afternoon. The hamburgers are made fresh-to-order and there are no microwaves, heating ovens or freezers, so everything arrives fresh every day. The onions on the burger can be grilled and they lay on thick slices of tomatoes, cheese and lettuce.

Then I went to the Charles Schulz, Peanuts cartoonist museum, the Charlie Brown museum in santa Rosa. It was great fun. I used to love this cartoon as a kid but I seriously forgot about it until now and I didn't realize how profound a lot of the strips were. Bring on the philosophy theory!

In a few days' time I'll be going to Nevada and Arizona and seeing my first desert ever! See you when I get back.

No comments: