Saturday 7 March 2009

I Wear My Sunglasses at Night (Cancel all your plans)

I was just about to complain about the proliferation of English here. But now I'm thankful for it. I'm thankful that I'm in a country where all medics know how to speak English and where friends can communicate to people about problems in ENglish.

You see, without English it would've been total chaos and confusion when last night I had an allergic reaction to who knows what.
I was walking home from the dinner when halfway there I felt my eyes swell. I thought it was just because my contact lenses were dry. Then at almost the exact same time I started having trouble breathing, but I just thought that it was because we were going uphill and I wasn't getting enough exercise.

So I went to the close home of someone who was walking to me. I sat down, she asked me how I was and then without answering I vomited. So she called an ambulance.
Anyway the details from there are standard procedure but I got to ride in an ambulance!

Oh, by the way, pics and accounts of travels to Greenland are to come soon.

No comments: