Tuesday 2 September 2008

Pictures from First Day

Here's some pictures I stole from Adam's camera. He must have an awesome camera. Pictures are super clear.A Hanseatic ship. The Hansa was a trading guild in the middle ages in Germany that became very successful. My only visit to Germany included the Hanseatic cities of Bremen and Hamburg, so this picture, the first ship I saw in Reykjavik harbour, was pretty special to me.

There's Mount Esja in the background. It's a pretty European-looking street, eh?

There I am with Dan, walking towards one of the attractions by the lakeshore. There's black rocks everywhere. Presumably from volcanic remains? I should know.


The Viking ship sculpture by Jón Gunnar Árnason. Pretty impressive.

Everything in this entry was pretty, because Iceland is such a pretty, pretty place.

No comments: